Seoul is the capital and the South Korea’s largest city. It is among East Asia’s financial and cultural centers. As a cultural crossroads, Seoul celebrates New Years Eve 2017 in both traditional and Western style.
Get to Seoul
Easiest way to get to Seoul is via Incheon International Airport (IAT codeA: ICN). It is located on Yeongjong Island in the neighbouring city of Incheon.
There are several cultural traditions for New Years Eve that are worth looking out for if you’re in Seoul for the occasion. The main NYE event is the Bosingak Watch-Night bell ceremony, where local dignitaries and celebrities head to Jongno literally ring in the new year.
Olympic Park is a popular place where crowds gathering with friends or family to enjoy New Years Eve with food, music and entertainment before watching the fireworks at midnight.
Homigot Sunrise Festival, held on Pohang Beach is a popular event that includes cultural performances and impressive NYE firework displays.
High Light Festival hosts the biggest year end concerts in Seoul, showcasing variety of music genres. There are many live music performances and many festivals.
- Seoul History Museum
- Mount Bukhan
- Mount Samseong
- Mount Inwang
- Boramae Park
- Namsan Park
- Jongmyo Shrine
Seoul’s biggest college town. A sprawling grid with hundreds of clubs and dozens of bars, you can easily spend a few weeks here and still not cover half of what it has to offer.
Home to Seoul’s mega club scene, and the classiest and priciest region. If you’re stingy with money, don’t bother coming here, because you probably won’t have a good time. But if you’re willing to spring for a night out, it will be a night you won’t forget!
A bit classier than the other two areas, but still popular with younger Koreans. You’ll see a lot less foreigners here.
The most popular area for foreigners to hang out. Tons of western-style bars and cheap clubs.
Staying and Partying Destinations
- JW Marriott Hotel Seoul at 176 Sinbanpo-ro, Seocho-gu,
- The Westin Chosun at 06, 87 Sogong-Dong, Jung-gu
- Hotel Grand Ambassador Seoul associated Pullman at 287, Dongho-Ro
- Lotte Hotel Seoul at 30 Eulji-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Grand Hyatt Seoul at 322, Sowol-ro, Yongsan-gu
- Millennium Seoul Hilton at 50 Sowol-ro, Jung-gu
- Hotel Novotel Seoul Ambassador Gangnam at 130 Bongeunsa ro, Gangnam-gu
- Park Hyatt Seoul at 606 Gangnam-gu, Teheran-ro
- Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel at 360-51 Guro-gu, Seoul, Sindorim-dong, Guro-gu
- Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul at 60 Jangchungdan-ro, Jung-gu
- THE PLAZA at 119 Sogong-ro, Jung-gu
- Imperial Palace Hotel at 640 Eonju-ro, Gangnam-gu
- The Classic 500 at 90 Neungdong-ro, Gwangjin-gu
- Conrad Seoul at 10 Gukjegeumyung-ro, Yeongdeungpo-gu
- The Shilla Seoul at 249 Dongho-ro, Jung-gu
- Renaissance Seoul Hotel at 237 Gangnam-gu, Teheran-ro
- W Hotel Seoul – Walkerhill at 177 Walkerhill-ro, Gwangjin-G